Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau appeared in a new video on Thursday disputing a claim by the Nigerian army that the terrorist group had been uprooted from its Sambisa Forest stronghold. In a 25-minutes video shared online, Shekau who spoke in both Hausa and Arabic, said;
“We are safe. We have not been flushed out of anywhere. And tactics and strategies cannot reveal our location except if Allah wills by his decree. You should not be telling lies to the people. If you indeed crushed us, how can you see me like this? How many times have you killed us in your bogus death? Our aim is to establish an Islamic Caliphate and we have our own Caliphate, we are not part of Nigeria” Shekau said in the video, flanked by masked armed fighters.
It’s not clear where and when the video was shot though Shekau claimed it was shot on Christmas day.