Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.
Thursday , October 27 2016
Home / World News / Hulk Hogan Awarded $115 Million In Damages In Gawker S3x Tape Lawsuit

Hulk Hogan Awarded $115 Million In Damages In Gawker S3x Tape Lawsuit


Hulk Hogan has been awarded $115 million (£79million) in damages after a jury found that Gawker had violated his privacy by publishing a s3x tape of him.

The wrestling legend was seeking $100 million damages from the website after it posted a clip of him having s3x with Heather Clem – the now ex-wife of his former friend

Lawyers for the website argued that the concept of freedom of the press was more important to uphold, even if the jury found the action distasteful, while his lawyers argued the video was not newsworthy and violated his privacy.

The wrestler’s lawyers also said the website didn’t contact him or Clem before they published the story.

Hogan – real name Terry Bollea – had to take to the stand and give evidence at a court in St. Petersburg, Florida, this week, divulge private details about his s3x life and the case has put strain on his relationship with his wife.

Last year, his contract with WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) was terminated after a transcript from the s3x tape recording – which was secretly made in 2007 when the wrestler was suffering from depression in the wake of his wife Linda Hogan filing for divorce was leaked revealing him using the N-word during a conversation about his daughter Brooke Hogan’s then- boyfriend.

WWE, the company which he helped to turn into a global entertainment brand, cut all ties with him, even removing mentions of him from their official website.

Hogan previously said he hasn’t felt like himself since his s3x tape was posted online.

He said: “I just haven’t felt like myself… this is still tearing me up. I haven’t been able to get back up to who I was before [the tape]… I’m not the same person I was since all this craziness happened.”

The 62-year-old also recently hit back at rumours he had leaked the tape himself, insisting he was offered money by Vivid Entertainment, a pornographic film production company, for the video but refused.

He added: “It wasn’t about Hulk Hogan making a s3x tape. That’s not what happened. It’s never been about that … We had calls from Vivid Entertainment … and they said, ‘There’s an open checkbook, we’ll pay you anything you want … he disclosed.

Check Also


Just Two Hours After Getting Married, Groom Divorces Wife For Posting Their Ceremony On Snapchat

A furious groom has divorced his bride for posting their ceremony on Snapchat, just two ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *