Nollywood actress, Doris Simeon, got embroiled in a scandal of a sort when she and her director husband Daniel Ademinokan, who has now found comfort in the arms of another actress, Stella Damasus, separated a couple of years back.
The separation made headlines for months, putting strain on the actress and her child, but like a conqueror, she survived and has since moved on with her life and looking forward to building a new life for herself.
Doris is now in a new relationship and told Vanguard Showtime Celebrity, that she wants to restore her virginity. Excerpts:
- What are the things you dislike about being in the limelight?
I have been robbed of my private life. My life is always out there. Anyway, I really don’t care because I knew that would happen even before I got into limelight.
- It seems Nollywood parades many single mothers, why?
- Do you regret being a single mother?
- Is it true that men take advantage of single mothers?
- Why are Yoruba films poorly subtitled?
- What is that thing you would never be found doing?
That should be tying a wrapper round my boobs. I don’t even have a wrapper. The first and only time I wore one was during my son’s naming ceremony.
- It went viral that you attended a Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries MFM church to get your husband ?
Were they there with me? I go to any church. I went there to pray to God. Thank God I was seen in a church and not with a herbalist.
- How often do you see your son who clocked eight recently?
He stays with his dad. I really don’t want to say much about this because we are still in court.
- What lessons did you learn from your previous marriage?
I want to be closer to God and put God first in everything I do.
- Is there any man in the picture?
I never gave up on love. I have found love again in Jesus. I am married to my career right now. I am in a relationship anyway but I want to be private about it.
- How soon should we expect the wedding bells?
He has to wait for me to achieve some things.
- What’s your relationship with Stella Damasus?
I have no business with her.
- If you are producing a movie, can you invite Stella Damasuc as one of the casts?
Yes, I can, after all, she is an actress and money is involved. I can do business with an enemy provided it is strictly business. Why her when I can always go for others?
- Do you sometimes wish you were still with your ex-?
I don’t want him back. He is now in the past.
- Having been separated from your husband but now in another relationship, how often do you have s*x?
(laughs) I want to restore my virginity. I never thought of it but that will be whenever my man wants it.