This is not a hack: So… Alley and I have been tossing up whether to put this on Facebook and there will be many (including a part of myself) who cringe at this but hey… we advertise on FB for everything else so why not a sperm donor. Thats right. We need sperm! Some of you may have noticed that we are a same sex couple, (though I have occasionally been been called “Sir” in public) and therefore we lack a vital ingredient for baby making.
Well, yeah there are and we are on the list but…there is a SERIOUS sperm shortage in this country. At this point, it takes 18 months to get to the top of the sperm donor list and then, if you’re lucky, you get a choice of 3 donors. Not ideal. We are also looking into adoption but would love to give birth to our own chidlet as well.
2. Intelligence (though this can be measured in a myriad of ways… i.e. if you don’t know what myriad means, that doesn’t mean you’re not intelligent.)
3. You don’t want to be a dad. You just want to be a cool dude that helped us out. Though these details can be discussed. And yes, the baby would know who you are… “The kind man who gave us some sperm.” NOT “Daddy.”
4. You have a clear medical history. Ideally no diabetes, heart conditions or other genetic conditions. No HIV either please:)
5. You are taller than us. Not hard, but we’re already stunted enough.
6. You are 45 or younger. Sorry…. after 45, the risks of Autism, Schizophrenia and Dwarfism increase. And, as I mentioned, we’re already hobbits!
2. You’re athletic.
3. You’re creative.
4. You’re curious.
5. You’re successful in your field. (That has nothing to do with $$)
2. You’re an amazing lover. (But no, we don’t want to have sex with you….. we just want to bring more amazing lovers into this world.)
3. You own a sweet kids clothing label that can kit out our bub 24/7.
4. You are #stromae.
Boy, girl? Black, white? Short, tall? We don’t care. But hey… Everyone else gets to choose their baby when they choose their partner. If I could smoosh Alley’s freckles and everlasting positivity with my extreme good looks, intelligence and undeniable modesty, then I would, but no matter how hard Alley and I run at each other, it just ain’t working. We’ve even stopped using protection!
P.S. For anyone reading this that doesn’t know us….
All you need to know is, we’re married, we’ve been best friends since we were 15, we’re 28/29, we own our own business, we have maximum time and energy for a baby, but we don’t want to conceive until 2017 at the earliest.
We love kids! We already have 800 of them that we teach every week but we want our own little one. We’ve travelled and lived
A LOT and we’re ready to start a family. However, we’re not ready to settle down…. this saying never really resonated with us.
We will keep having fun with our bub/bubs until the dad we die:) Travel, adventure, learning is what we’re all about!
Source: Asheigh Habgood/Facebook