Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.
Friday , October 21 2016
Home / Metro News / N780billion: MTN Seeks Out Of Court Settlement With FG

N780billion: MTN Seeks Out Of Court Settlement With FG


Telecommunications company, MTN, is seeking an out of court settlement over the N1.04 trillion fine the Federal government through the National Communications Commission, slammed on it last year for failing to deactivate 5.1 billion unregistered phone lines. MTN had initially dragged FG to court over the fine, arguing that it was outrageous. The Federal government had reduced the fine to N780 billion after the company complained.

At a resumed hearing of the suit at the Fedral High Court Ikoyi today January 22nd, the lead counsel for MTN, Wole Olanipekun, told the presiding judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, that they have considered to settle out of court with the Federal government.

Following the request by MTN, the presiding judge adjourned the case to March 18, 2016 hoping that both parties would have reached an agreement before then.

Check Also


Nigerian Man With 97 Wives Debunks Death Rumours Says He Is Hale, Hearty And Will Keep Carrying Out His ‘Divine Assignment’

92-year-old Nigerian polygamist Bello Abubakar, who has 97 wives has debunked rumours that he died ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *