The Presidency says that the Cameroonian health and security officials today started the treatment of an arrested suicide bomber who claimed to be one of the 219 missing Chibok girls. The girl was arrested last week Friday while trying to bomb Limani village in Northern Cameroon.
A statement by presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, says the pictures of the arrested suspected bomber obtained by Nigerian officials indicated that the girl was likely a minor, between ages nine to 12 years.
Her accomplice was about 30 years or more, and both spoke only in Kanuri language. Considering the well-known guidelines regarding the publication of photography of minors, the Federal government says it has forwarded pictures of the suspected bomber to the Murtala Mohammed Foundation for verification by interested Chibok community stakeholders.
The Ministry of Women Affairs, the Nigerian High Commission in Cameroon and other agencies of government are working with other stakeholders to verify the claim.